Wednesday, 24 March 2021

Chez Kraut (VII) ..... FIRING UP the house electricity grid ..... and Phap issues again ....

Where am I?.....Vinh Hoa, I think.... in March of 2021 ....Still Covid times !

 

5:00

overcast and drizzling ....

I'm tipsy by 6:15..... I should lay off the sauce since I have some phone calls to make ....


6:20

I've managed to talk to the doctor's receptionist.....the doctor needs to talk to me in person !?!..... so I give them my Viet phone number and I will anticipate the call..... Life in Canada involves SO MANY HOOPS to jump through.   When the office assistant wants my Canadian Care Card, I have to find my Canadian wallet...


...and OOOPS.... it's not only falling apart but now also is moldy ....  SAD, I bought that wallet in Bellagio on Lake Como together with Regine in 2010 and it always served as a reminder of that day..... but the wallet led a good life and I don't need the wallet to remember Gine ;-)


6:30

A quick call to Grandma.... she's getting her hair done.  And she sounds good !


7:00

H&H are here with food.... the usual fare.... thank god; I wasn't looking forward to fried fish again. VERY yummy but it brings out fears of a belly ache !

7:45

H&H are off..... they want 2 trieu tomorrow....fine, but then they have to work and bring breakfast ;-)

Beach bitch must be really hungry... she eats the rice as well and digs through the sand afterwards to find leftovers ....

8:30

I wire Jessica $280.... I simply can't allow myself to rely on her help without repaying it with a case of wine !



10:00

Overcast and drizzling and DEAD QUIET ....



... the beach seems deserted .....

10:30

Bored.... in need of some adventure .... so I build myself a WIDOW-MAKER....


and what am I going to do with it?


The Inverter takes solar 12V DC (lower power socket), produces 220V AC, which is plugged into the house 220 grid  (upper power socket)


Let there be light 

Et Voila.....  

I am feeding solar-made 220V into the house grid !


Does it work?

That light bulb hasn't been lit for FOUR MONTHS !



And even the fan runs !


However, by far not enough juice for the A/C units ;-(

12:00

Another Phap email asking for money.... 2 trieu this time..... that's 8.5 trieu within 9 days ....WTF?

I postpone replying to him.....

12:30

Time for a cold shower....it's been 3 days !  Not that cold after all....

13:30

Jenny shows up....

16:30

Jenny leaves....

I should buy some wine & cigs and TP ....

17:00

Muoi calls ..... Nha Hang cua Anh Chin .... I walk over ...



Muoi wants to cook me French Fries, but I decline. 

OMG, seen from 2026, Tay was SO LITTLE then ;-)


I remember what happened the last time...


.... 2 beers later it starts to rain... I head home ...

18:30

Take those wet clothes off....

18:45

Nhat shows up.... he saw a woman on my terrace and thought Jenny was Iwona !

19:15

I finally time to get stuff done ..... (LOL, I'd be yearning for so much friendly social activity in Vancouver ;-)

20:15

I have to write a reply to Phap.... this is difficult.... I want to write a pissed-off email.... but being with him makes me so bloody happy (hypocrite here) .... maybe my long radio silence will make him understand ? .... probably not though.... so I write a matter-of-fact reply..... let him be in limbo for a change....

20:30

doc sach va ngu?


No comments:

Post a Comment