5:00
Where am I? ..... In Vancouver.....but today is a SPECIAL day !!!
The alarm is set for 7:00....but I'm having a panic attack again ....feeling overwhelmed and incapable of doing this today....
the feeling passes after a few minutes.... and then I remember all the people and friends over there I will finally see again.... and that makes any ordeal worth it..... and flying business class should not really be such an ordeal ;-) .... but having been in Vancouver for 7 months now .....I expect everything to be an ordeal......and THAT is why I NEED to get out of here !
5:45
It's already light outside..... I've worked through the first few basic items on today's agenda.....baby steps....
6:15
Tipsy already..... and I should get ready soon...maybe it's the booze...or Van Morrison singing Sweet Thing..... but maybe its because I'M GOING HOME and I'm already imagining meeting all the village people again !!!!
7:00
Pressure relief with porn.....I better stop drinking now.... I got stuff to do today and I don't want them to refuse me a boarding pass because I'm drunk at the check-in counter !
7:30
Yes....I'm tipsy and TIRED...... nap for an hour? ...... no...I want to sleep on the plane !
I make the mistake of scanning Canadian news.... and there is the word "Airport Chaos"..... I knew that I shouldn't read the Canadian news :-(
doze for an hour
8:30
I'm freezing even thought I've turned the heat up to 24.5..... that's OK....starting tomorrow, I will no longer be cold !
9:05
FINALLY......shaved and showered.....and the bathroom utensils are in the suitcase.....
9:15
I put on my pants.....they are tight....did I get fat?.....and that rough spot on my lip better not be a cold sore...... PLEASE NOT NOW, LOL....
9:30
Almost time....
9:45
A smoke on the balcony..... I start giggling.....tears are streaming down my face .... and I keep mumbling out loud.... "I'm going HOME".
10:05
The taxi arrives
I doze through the first bit of the drive
At Granville and 52nd, I ask the driver to pull into the side street.....gotta PEE
11:00
Checking in is pleasant....they look for a while whether I REALLY don't need a PCR test...then I get all window seats all the way to Saigon..... AND she puts that little sticker on my boarding pass that allows me to use the FastTrack.....no need to line up for hours to get through security.....but there doesn't seem to be a line-up at this hour today anyway
11:30
Then I feel hungry......Let's try a Japa-Dog...
.. it's yummy but I can't finish it..... too many calories
12:00
Finally I find a place that serves booze outside the security zone..... I order a glass of white wine and I get this:
that is IT ???? R U kidding me ? |
Eda texts and I call her..... I'm going to miss her SO MUCH !
12:15
An email with my gas bill..... $322 for the last month.......it was only $180 last month !.....FUCK, it's COLD in this country.... good thing I turned the heat OFF this morning.
12:45
I'm back at Urban Crave for another glass of overpriced wine .....still one hour until boarding time
I call Chantal.....she's getting more mellow these days.... I'm happy for her that age DOES come accompanied WITH wisdom !
13:15
Time for one last cigarette .....and then time to head for security and the plane !
It is still a strange experience to walk LEFT upon entering the plane instead of the usual RIGHT...
Bye Bye, grey Mordor !!!! I finish this post in 2026, and I have not been to Mordor in over 4 years ! |
| YES....this chair turns into a FLAT BED ;-) |
| love those electronic window shades on the Dreamliner ;-) |
| YES, that is a BIG TV ;-) |
| Not sure what that is....buy I eat it anyway |
a
Still not sure what that is ..... I chose Japanese breakfast instead of Western .... |
I finally arrive at Narita after 10 hours.....my first trip....SMOKING BOOTH ;-)
I receive an email ....my next flight is delayed by HOURS.....instead of 17:30, the new take of time is 21:30
Even though I am flying business
class, I end up sitting on the floor outside the smoking lounge closest
to my gate with a can of BEER. Can you spell Charles Bukowski ?
The second flight is no much more fun than the first one (even though it is only 6 hours long)....(even in business class) .... I'm clammy.....
YET AGAIN, they don't have the Fish Meal.....(what is wrong with JAL?)....and the steak they serve instead is tougher than shoe-leather (same as on the 1st flight)... at least the stewardess with that amazing smile keeps me moistened with Sauvignon Blank
1:30 am....... FINALLY touch down in SaiGon
Immigration is fast...
...that e-Visa worked....the suitcase arrives....I walk outside into the balmy WARMTH. (a feeling I have rarely had in the last 7 months)
OMFG, there are a lot of people waiting outside at 2am
The taxi driver is a rip-off artist, but I don't even care anymore at 2 am....but I take a stand and give him the finger and shout at him when he tells me that he has to show my passport to the parking attendant and pay 150k for me.....FUCKER...
2:30
We reach the hotel....
Finally some good news....the bus boy has to wake the receptionist.... and instead of changing rooms tomorrow, he already booked me into the Business Suite...
![]() |
| Living/Work Room |
![]() |
| Bedroom |
Not so deluxe after all...no beer in the fridge, no balcony furniture.....but I love the fact that I can see the park ;-)
Time to sleep and fight jet-lag....






No comments:
Post a Comment