Wednesday 7 November 2018

The King and La Princesa .... or Tres noches a Malaga

Yeah.... that's right.... I FINALLY landed in Malaga !
Right outside the terminal:  3 Euros to the City Center



....views of the 30 minute bus ride ....





I used Google Maps to plan my trip and get off the bus 200 meters from the rental agency.
The agency is pretty useless when it comes to organizing trips in the area, but they give me the key and I find the apartment.    NO coffee, not even a regular KNIFE in the drawer (I'm NOT kidding, the only knife in the house is a huge serrated bread knife), water damage at the obviously not watertight terrace doors, but I LIKE it..... It's CAD$ 50 /night, LOL.
bedroom


living room / kitchen / terrace
 time to go shopping....... 
Good thing there is a supermarket at the end of the block ;-)

I have food and wine .... and it is time to check out Adventure stuff..... 

The e-bike rental place is 10 minutes walk from my place....  something to do for tomorrow ;-)

There is a 42 Euro bus & walk tour to Caminito del Rey..... pick-up and drop-off in Malaga.  

It would be an UTTER SHAME if I did NOT go there while I am this close ;-)

BOOKED !!!!  I am doing the Caminito del Rey in 2 days !


While I'm sitting in the kitchen, drinking wine, planning, I keep playing THIS DIVINE MUSIC.  Only after playing it on repeat for half an hour, do I realize how fitting it is.......  Whirling Dervishes work quite well with Malaga, a city characterized by extremely beneficial Moorish (Arab) occupation for some 700 years starting in the 700s.

And YES, I do realize that every Sufi would spit in my face if I called him an Arab, LOL.  But it still works in a Definitely-NOT-Western sense ;-)

16:30

Time to go explore..... at first I wanted to visit the bicycle rental store, but I decide to head towards the Old Quarter instead.  
And I've barely walked 200 meters when I see THIS:



tempting.... but for now I decide to pass it by ...  and follow tourists towards some old buildings







Nice buildings..... BUT....Don't they have any public washrooms anywhere?????


It's urgent, so I ask the attendants in a parking garage ....... there is a line-up for the Men's washroom while the Women's is empty !?!.... when it is my turn.... I am abhorred to see SHIT not only smeared on the toilet seat but lumps of it on the FLOOR.   Good thing I only have to pee.....  WHY does THIS happen so often in the so-called 1st world ?


Anyhoo  both the mental and the hydraulic pressure to return my apartment is gone .....

.....and now I have time for the Princess..... Yup, that's what they call the observation wheel, LOL.


















I'm bored after the first revolution..... Malaga is just not THAT pretty from above....  I should have saved my 10 Euros!





I managed to contact the company for the Caminito trip.... they give me a pick-up point but it seems kind of vague..... must check it out tomorrow morning, so I don't have to worry about it the next day!


19:30

Good thing my apartment has a well-functioning HEATING system..... it's something like 14 degrees out there and I smoke in socks and a hoodie.   
The days of carefree smoking are OVER ;-(



22:30

Grandma was chipper on the phone!    Good to hear.   What's not so good to hear is that she fell last week and that a plumber convinced her to replace an entire toilet if what really only needed replacing was the rubber stopper in the toilet tank.   But it gives her the feeling of doing something useful and the plumber will get his just Karma eventually.



5:00

a bit early.... it's cold outside... 12 degrees... sure, that's higher than today's Vancouver HIGH under sunny skies, but for me it's COLD.

9:30

This apartment is GREAT for sleeping in, even though someone keeps using a hammer in this or the adjacent building.... 

Cities SUCK.   AT this hour, I still can't see the SUN, only it's markings on buildings across the street.


10:45

I've showered, done sink laundry (I don't trust that washing machine..) and I discover that I lost one of my two pairs of socks in transit from Fuerteventura....   and I just washed the other pair.  MERDE !  That is what they call an untenable situation.

El Cortes Ingles it will have to be...... and I was going to check out the bus stop in front of it anyway ..


4 pairs of socks..... for 52 Euros......  Are these people COMPLETELY INSANE or just insanely rich?


13:00





've spent the last 2 hours writing e-mails, enjoying the rising temperatures, drinking wine.....







and tentatively planning a trip to Casablanca & Miraculous Marrakesh , LOL















13:00

Time to get OUT of the house !






Note the Caminito del Rey banner ;-)








I'm glad that I have my GPS phone.... without it I'd be lost ;-)
Yes, that's UPHILL


gaining altitude








Higher than La Princesa 

Bloody CARS!   There should be BULLS in that arena !


that looks like the top ....

wow, I WALKED all the way up here ...






the Western Disease









15:15

I'm back.  My legs hurt (too much walking), my head hurts (probably too much wine....), and I think I need a NAP !
20:30
A FIVE HOUR nap ?..... I really needed that, I guess....



6:30

Wow, another 7 hours of sleep on top of the 5 hour nap yesterday..... That should give me enough strength for today's GRAND ADVENTURE !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment