Wednesday 18 April 2018

Bai bien cua toi (II): Swimming & Shitting (NOT at the same time)

3:30  Jet lag and I are good friends ;-(

I'm back to exchanging e-mails with friends around the globe.  It's strange in a way, people living in Canada are the least likely to respond quickly whereas people of Viet or Turkish descent can be counted on to happily reply instantaneously.  


Dawn is creeping up onto this part of the world at 5:15.   Moving silhouettes indicate the Viet early morning walkers. 

I blush to say it:  the view from my terrace
Having enough time to think and enough wine, I realize WHY I so much like One Of My Favourite Songs.   The reason:, Not only is the video pure eye candy, but what is more important:  I have LIVED it ;-)


I've seen it with my own eyes
How we're gettin' otherwise
Without the luxury of leavin' (leavin')
The touch and feeling of free is
Un-tangible technically
Something you've got to believe in (believe in)
Connect the cause and effect
One foot in front of the next
This is the start of a journey.
And my mind is already gone
And though there are other unknowns
Somehow this doesn't concern me.
And you can stand right there if you want
But I'm going on
And I'm prepared to go it alone
I'm going on
To a place in the sun that's nice and warm
I'm going on
And I'm sure they'll have a place for you too oh oh oh
Anyone that needs what they want, and doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
And to do what I want
And to do what I please
Is first of my to-do list

The Viets have cleared the beach by 5:45, and now it's my time ....










As with every swim in paradise, I'm carrying a plastic bag in my pocket.   Don't complain about third world countries having dirty beaches.  Just pick up some of the trash.    Because if no one picks up anything, the rest of the world's beaches will follow Mumbai !

Complaining and not picking up some trash is simply taking the dishonourable easy way out ;-)


2nd swim of the day by 8:00 ;-)
Oops, another nap ....


Time to build a sandcastle with Junior.  When I go for another swim ....

... the ruins of my castle seems to be have taken over by squatters !




4 swims and one nap and it's only 11:30, LOL

I've had too much wine already today, so it's time to switch to G&T at Bobby's place next door ;-)


This also gives me the opportunity to check out the newest gossip in the place supposedly run by 4 Swedes .....



Today's special is a butterfly pork steak but delivery takes AGES.  By 12:40 I'm not even sure that I'm hungry anymore; I only know that I'm DRUNK, LOL.
Bobby can cook !
My stomach seems a bit upset subsequently and I have a nap.

A few hours later I get the definite confirmation that I should NOT have eaten that pig.




By 19:00 I'm back to feeling perfectly fine.   Note to self: NO MORE Swedish food!

E-mails flow back between London and here.   The trip to Fuerteventura is taking shape.  And since Thi Lan is just as nuts as I am, it looks more and more likely that we will 'do' the Caminito del Rey close to Malaga
and the Alhambra in Granada afterwards.

Good tidings !


No comments:

Post a Comment