Wednesday 16 May 2018

Get thee to a nunnery ! (Bad Schwartau - MomTown)

OUCH.
I should NOT have eaten those yummy Gambas yesterday.   Belly ache all night.  This seems to confirm that my digestive track is indeed somehow allergic to the little critters. 

As a result, I barely slept last night, so at 6:00 I'm still tired and still in pain.   Oh great, this will be a lovely day !


I briefly consider to stay here today, waste one train ticket & one paid night in MomTown, but change my mind when I consider how slow the internet has become in my room.

 I drag myself to the train station after having abstained from both breakfast and wine.   I will starve my stomach-ache away.


Hamburg Central Station
I reach MomTown, rent a bike right next to the train station, and as soon as I start pedaling, it starts to dribble water from above ! GRRRRR !

Seminary check in fabulous; single room this time


14:00  Should I go eat now or have a nap and eat later?





I am STARVING.  It's not that I feel particularly hungry, but I notice that I can't bring order into my thoughts.  3 pm is not too early for 'breakfast' at the nearby restaurant.



This is the second time I come here, and while the atmosphere is very nice, the food is NOT. MUST remember to NOT come here again ;-(


19:30
Time to get something accomplished (As if traveling through half of Germany and cycling to the hotel wasn't enough ;-).

I book 3 tickets for my inlaws to allow my Kookum to travel to and die in the place she was born.  My inability to even imagine this world without Kookum is the thing that is driving me MAD !   One would think that humans got used to this by now; after all, not a single human or animal that was ever born has escaped or will escape life's fate of having to DIE again.

21:00

It's STILL raining when I cycle to the gas station for some snacks, wine & soap for sink laundry (I'm running out of clean clothes). 

But at least it has stopped when I come back ....




No comments:

Post a Comment