Friday 25 August 2017

The Beach Day VII: Translate, Travel for wine, Translate

I wake up.

OMG, there is light behind my curtains !  WHAT time is it????


5:00  


I'm LATE !  I'm missing the magical hour !  


I'm out walking 10 minutes later, after I FINALLY remember that during the hectic events of the last two days I actually forgot to make an IMPORTANT phone call.  Ts Ts Ts.









This will do for swimming ;-)





At Breakfast, T visually demonstrates that his favourite food is BUTTER.











Then it's time for a quick scooter ride to Song Cau.  A Banh Mi for lunch and 3 bottles of wine as provisions.


Zulema is battling forest fires in BC but what looks scary at first on a mountain on the way to Song Cau is just one of the many little Viet forest clearing operations.



I'm back at the hotel by noon.  Oh why not?

I interrupt my translating work to head to the ocean because I can hear thunder grumbling in the distance








 I'm back on dry land and less than 10 minutes later I'm caught in a tempest.  HOW did those clouds get out over the ocean SO QUICKLY?


















But then the spook is over 15 minutes later.  NICE !



16:00 

I've been asking for a screw driver for 3 days now. My door lock was stuck, so I've been placing a beer can on the outside to keep it shut when sitting outside.  One of the construction guys finally hands me a screwdriver and I have the door look fixed within 5 minutes.  I'm becoming the hotel's handyman !  2 days ago I was changing a car tire and now this, LOL.


18:15

Dinner time.  I've brought my own noodle soup today and that is plenty. Wang is there too.   
Binh scares me.  Her gut people feeling is truly astonishing.  But when she mentions that I should move here, Wang could cook and we could be a couple, I am almost at a loss for words and can only touch my cheeks and ask "Am I blushing yet?".  How does she DO that?


No comments:

Post a Comment